These Are Berlin Public Holidays In 2022 – It’s a new year brand new year and the perfect time to start thinking about your vacation plans for 2022.
What Are The Berlin Public Holidays In 2022?
There are 10 public holidays on the books for Berliners in 2022 and thankfully, many of them don’t occur on weekends as they did in 2021. Use this list of public holidays to book some cheeky long weekend getaways or even, a nice “staycation” at home in Berlin.
|January 1, 2022 (Saturday) ✔️||New Year’s Day|
|March 8, 2022 (Tuesday) ✔️||International Women’s Day|
|April 15, 2022 (Friday) ✔️||Good Friday|
|April 18, 2022 (Monday) ✔️||Easter Monday|
|May 1, 2022 (Sunday) ✔️||Labour Day (May Day)|
|May 26, 2022 (Thursday) ✔️||Ascension Day|
|June 6, 2022 (Monday) ✔️||Whit Monday|
|October 3, 2022 (Monday) ✔️||Day of German Unity|
|December 25, 2022 (Sunday)||Christmas Day|
|December 26, 2022 (Monday)||Second Day of Christmas|
You can expect on most holidays that all shops and supermarkets are closed. On many of the holidays, you can still find supermarkets and shops like Rossman and DM are open, even on holidays. You can find them at public transit stations, including Ostbahnhof, Südkreuz, Gesundbrunnen, Lichtenberg, and Spandau.
If you’re curious to learn more details about a specific holiday, check out the related links in the table above. It’s also important to note that holidays vary across different German states.
Download this free infographic to keep track of public holidays in Berlin.
How The Berlin Life Can Help You
1) If you like this post, check out some of our other free guides about living in Berlin:
- How To Make Friends In Berlin In 2022 – Find out the different ways you can make friends in Berlin with these tips about how to meet new people in the German capital.
- Mail Forwarding In Germany – Send Post To Your New Address – Moving to a new flat or leaving Germany entirely? Don’t miss important documents & use Deutsche Post’s service for mail forwarding in Germany.
- The Best Berlin Blogs To Help You Get Settled – Keen to explore the city’s history, find a brunch spot, or get tips on how to find a flat? These best Berlin blogs will help you get settled.
2) Get support from our growing community on Facebook – connect with other job seekers, be invited to career workshops, ask questions, be alerted to new job opportunities, and more.
3) Start building your professional network in Berlin on LinkedIn, by adding yourself to our LinkedIn connection list.
Save this post for later!