Sunday Shopping In Berlin – Something that always surprises newbies to Germany is that shops are closed on Sunday. Many even go so far as to complain about it, as if it were the end of the world. Trust us, it’s not that bad and you’ll get used to it soon enough. You still have six other days in the week to shop to your heart’s content. Also, the good news is that there are way more Sunday shopping opportunities than you think.
Sunday Shopping In Berlin
Let’s look at the various ways you can still go about Sunday shopping in Berlin.
1) Restaurants, Bars, and Cafés
If you’re in need of food or drink, restaurants, bars, and cafés are all still open. You can treat yourself to a lovely Sunday brunch, go on a dinner date with your lover, or meet friends at a bar for a wine tasting.
2) Food Delivery
Maybe you’re hung over or just feeling plain lazy and just don’t want to leave the house. Food delivery is also available from Wolt, Lieferdando, Uber Eats etc.
3) Shopping Sundays
The entire range of Sunday shopping days in Berlin for 2022 has not been set just yet. So far, only one day has been scheduled. Set your calendars for February 20, 2022 when many (but not all shops) will be open from about 13:00 – 20:00. Check the schedule for future Sunday openings.
Berliners love their local Spätis (convenience stores), with some being open 24/7. You can usually pick up basic things from a Spati, like snacks, booze, feminine hygiene products, and toilet paper. While items will be on the expensive side, it can get you out of a jam if you’re desperate.
You can also travel to various public transit stations around the city and hit up a supermarket.
|Hauptbahnhof||Rewe, SPAR Express|
If you’re in need of medication, there is usually at least one Apotheke (pharmacy) open in every district on Sundays. You can check Apothekerkammer Berlin to find an open location near you.
Even better, use the MAYD app to have medication delivered to your door in about 30 minutes.
7) Flea Markets
Berlin has a wide range of Flohmärkte (flea markets) that are open on Sunday. You can find a lot of junk, but really cool things as well, like vintage clothing, antiques, art prints, and more. Especially popular is the flea market at Mauerpark, the one at Boxhagnerplatz, and the one at RAW. Also, see this full list of flea markets in Berlin.
Just like we said, Sunday shopping in Berlin is possible! Have we missed anything? Tell us in the comments.
How The Berlin Life Can Help You
1) If you like this post, check out some of our other free guides about living in Berlin:
- How To Make Friends In Berlin In 2022 – Find out the different ways you can make friends in Berlin with these tips about how to meet new people in the German capital.
- Mail Forwarding In Germany – Send Post To Your New Address – Moving to a new flat or leaving Germany entirely? Don’t miss important documents & use Deutsche Post’s service for mail forwarding in Germany.
- The Best Immigration Lawyers In Berlin – Hire one of these expert immigration lawyers in Berlin to ensure that your visa will get at approved at the foreigner’s office.
2) Get support from our growing community on Facebook – connect with other Berlin job seekers, ask questions, get support, be alerted to new job opportunities, and more.
3) Start building your professional network in Berlin on LinkedIn, by adding yourself to our LinkedIn connection list.
Save this post for later!