With career coaching, create a job application that will help you find your dream job in Germany.
Have you been applying for jobs in Germany and finding you’re not getting any responses? Are you aware of the norms for job applications in Germany? Do you find the various guides out there confusing and outdated?
I can help you! I’m an experienced career coach who’s been living and working in Berlin for 10+ years. My personal mission is to help you create a job application that tells a compelling story about who you are, the unique things you offer, and why a company should hire you.
Note – We’re now at capacity for coaching clients. Get on the waiting list to be notified when new spots open in Feb 2022.
Cheryl’s a Canadian who’s been living in Berlin for the better part of 10 years. She’s held a number of different visas and worked as both a freelancer and permanent employee for various companies in Berlin. She even found a new job during the pandemic. That said, she knows what it takes to find a job in Berlin.
Cheryl’s worked as a hiring manager and knows what German companies want from candidates. She’s also seen the common mistakes that people make on their job applications.
What people have been saying about Cheryl’s career coaching services:
This (CV) feedback is golden for me! I feel like this will place me in a better standing as a candidate! This a great service and helps me feel more confident in the process of moving. Thank you so much for the work that you do.
I hate writing resumes. Thankfully Cheryl made the experience much better. I’m confident my new CV will bring me many new opportunities. Thank you Cheryl!
Cover Letter Coaching Session
CV Coaching Session
How Career Coaching Works
1) Once you book a session and complete payment, I’ll get in touch to book a time and date.
2) Prior to meeting, you’ll send me your CV or cover letter, so I can start preparing. You’ll also answer a few basic questions so I can tailor the session to meet your individual needs.
3) We’ll start with me sharing my feedback, and then together, we’ll create a new cover letter or CV. During this time, you’ll learn how to structure a CV or cover letter on your own, in an easy to understand, step-by-step manner.
4) By the end of the session, you’ll have gotten detailed feedback about how to improve your CV or cover letter, as well as a first solid draft of a new CV or cover letter.
Career Coaching FAQ
1) Why are CV and cover letter coaching sessions separate?
Both involve a different process and need time to run through – it would be impossible to cover both topics in a single session.
2) How many sessions should I book?
If you wish to create a complete job application, book two sessions at a minimum. More sessions may be necessary, depending on how much support you need.
3) I’m unsure about booking a session. Can I speak with you first?
Yes, I offer free 15 minute consultation calls where we can address your questions and concerns, discuss how I can specifically help you, and review how the process works. Book a free call now.
4) Do you offer discounts?
If you’re in a tight spot financially, get in touch and we can discuss a discounted rate.
5) Do you offer refunds?
In general, all bookings are final. If you’re unhappy with our services, get in touch and we can discuss how to resolve the situation.
6) Can I reschedule?
You’re permitted to reschedule one time, so long as you notify me least 24 hours in advance.
7) Do you offer sessions in person?
No, all sessions are done online via Google Hangouts or Zoom.