Companies In Berlin Hiring Right Now – After more than a year into the pandemic, the German job market is picking up again and companies in Berlin are amping up their hiring efforts. While this could quickly change at at given moment, this desirable situation is something that anyone wanting to move to Berlin and find work can definitely put to their advantage.
A lot of companies in Berlin are currently hiring right now and not just for a handful of jobs, but for a lot of them.
Companies In Berlin Hiring Right Now
In this post, we feature companies operating in Germany who are actively recruiting new candidates in Berlin. What started as a “top 10” guide, will now continue to be updated on a regular basis.
Bookmark this post for future reference and come back often for updates.
Some disclaimers before we get started:
- Some of the companies are hiring German speakers and some are hiring English ones as well. It’s best to check individual job descriptions for more specific language requirements.
- There are companies who cover relocation costs or help with visas. If known, we’ll also include this information. Keep in mind that that during the pandemic, some companies have tightened their finances and are tending to hire locally to avoid paying relocation and visa costs for new employees.
- I’m not a recruiter or someone affiliated with any of these companies. Apply through the company’s website links below or get in touch with them directly.
- I’m not personally endorsing any of the companies featured here. While I’ll avoid featuring companies with notoriously bad workplaces, it’s on you to do indepth company research and decide if you want to work there.
Which Companies Are Hiring People In Berlin?
Check out these companies in Berlin hiring right now:
1) Zalando – Europe’s biggest online fashion retailer serving 17 countries is now doing better than ever revenue wise. With more than 300 positions open in Berlin (at time of writing), check them out for gigs in their warehouse, sales teams, engineering, and more. They do offer jobs to English speakers and often help with visas and relocation. Zalando is also focusing a lot on diversity and inclusion these days, making it one of the more attractive companies to work for in Germany.
2) AMBOSS – A company founded by doctors, for doctors. AMBOSS aims to empower physicians to deliver high levels of care by creating a digital medical platform that helps doctors have access to learning and development materials to learn more about their craft. With now more than 300 employees, the company is only growing, and you can be part of their team. They’re hiring in the product and engineering areas, marketing and communication, as well as business and operations. No need to fret, as they hire English speakers too.
3) TikTok – Considered to be the number one short-form mobile video platform, their mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. If you’re like me, you’re probably a big fan of the app and can spend hours watching the entertaining video content you find there. Lucky for us, they are hiring for tons of positions in Berlin. They are open to hiring English speakers and most of their openings revolve around community managers, content specialists, product managers, and partner managers.
4) FREE NOW – Formerly mytaxi, FREE NOW offers varying mobility services like taxis, private car hires, scooters, and ride shares, with plans to further expand their services. This growth means they need people and they’re hiring. They are seeking people in their engineering and product area, data and analytics team, marketing, sales, and more. They hire English people and support people with their visa needs.
5) TomTom – Situated in a lovely office on the Spree right near Molecule Man, TomTom specializes in location, navigation, and map technologies. While there are not many open positions in Berlin right now, keep an eye on their job openings as they’re said to be a good company to work for. They hire English speakers and assist with visas. Note, most of their open positions in Berlin tend to be tech related.
6) Contentful – These guys have a platform that allows you to update your website’s content via a user friendly tool that helps website owners avoid dealing with backend maintenance. With a hip looking office in Kreuzberg, the company is looking for sales, product, finance, etc. people. They speak English in the workplace and help with visas.
7) Doctolib – The largest e-health service in Europe, Doctolib has digitized appointment bookings for patients, as well as patient management for physicians. In a country where digitization is sorely needed, Doctolib is making the lives of people in Germany better. They are currently hiring for their marketing, human resource, engineering, and operations (including customer service) teams. Some jobs accept English speakers, but many of them require German skills.
8) Sennder – Sennder is a digital road freight forwarder, enabling shipping companies get connected to fleets of thousands of trucks. Using innovative technology, they are one of the first companies to begin to digitize and automate road logistics processes. It’s an exciting space to be in and could help you further develop your career should you start working here. Who are they hiring? Sennder is recruiting for their tech team, account management, finance, and more. They hire English speakers, so apply now.
9) Babbel – Babbel has a subscription based language learning app and e-learning platform. Their product is used by millions of people around the globe and you could be part of taking it to the next level. They are hiring staff for customer care, marketing, sales, engineering etc. They also speak English at the workplace and are known locally for having a good workplace culture.
10) Tesla – As much as many locals detest anything and everything Elon Musk, Tesla is expanding their presence in Europe by building a new factory just outside of Berlin. They are looking for HR staff, technicians, and security engineers, and more. Some job openings are in English.
11) Grover – This company based in Berlin’s Mitte has a pretty cool concept; they help you rent pieces of technology like a laptop versus buying it outright. They aim to make technology accessible to anyone and not just for the affluent. Grover is hiring right now and are looking for people in finance, accounting, software engineering, and customer care.
12) Passbase – Passbase helps people easily integrate secure identity verification into their websites and apps. They’re currently seeking software engineers and people for their growth area. They’re also looking for a content manager, back and front end developers, as well as quality assurance engineers.
13) Finleap – If you’re looking to dive into an exciting career in the groundbreaking field of Fintech, join the ranks at Finleap (Solarisbank). They’re hiring for a lot of different areas like finance, human resources, product management, and sales. They speak English in the workplace and hire people from all over, also assisting new employees with relocation.
14) Blinkist – Blinkist is cooler than cool with their short form content and learning and development offerings. They are known as being one of the best companies to work for in Berlin. As such, they are incredibly hard to get into and they don’t just hire anyone. At the moment, they’re looking to recruit backend engineers, quality assurance engineers, and data analysts.
15) HomeToGo – One of the other companies in Berlin hiring right now? With the largest holiday home search engine in the world, HomeToGo is currently hiring a senior marketing manager, data scientist, and customer care agents. They’re said to be a good place to work, with an international team, so get your application in now.
16) Doodle – Doodle has a pretty fantastic scheduling tool intending to make your business life way easier. As with many Berlin based companies, most of the positions listed are tech related. Doodle has a great culture and people who work there tend to love their jobs and the working environment. They hire English speakers and will assist with visas if required.
17) Contorian – Has an online shop offering a range of professional tools, workshop equipment, consumables for the handy of us out there in the world (seriously, my dad now passed, would have spent a serious amount of money in their shop ordering drills and other things). They have tons of open positions spanning from marketing, customer service, data science, human resources, sales, and more.
18) Fit Analytics – With an office in Berlin Friedrichshain, this company uses data and research to help apparel retailers better market their clothing online. They’re hiring sales people and software engineers.
19) Ableton – Ableton makes hardware and software for music production, creation and performance. With an ever evolving product with an incredibly loyal user base and community, this is one of the top places to work in Berlin. They speak English in the workplace and can also assist you with visa applications.
20) Plentific – A company that’s growing quickly, they are a service that helps housing providers manage their properties and tap into a marketplace of trades people for repair and maintenance work. These guys have a lot of open positions and are seeking talent in sales, marketing, account management, engineering, and more.
21) Lingoda – Long before the pandemic, Lingoda offered online language learning classes. This Berlin based company is looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, curious, and creative thinkers. Sound interesting? Check their offerings for positions like product managers, marketing analysts, and CRM specialists.
22) Smava – One of the very first German fintech companies, Smava offers a loan platform that is beneficial for consumers and banks alike. Join their growing team for jobs like copywriters, sales managers, and product managers. English is spoken in the workplace and they’re willing to support you with visas.
23) Heyjobs – Heyjobs has a platform helping both job seekers and recruiters cut through some of the more annoying parts of the recruitment process. With 120 employees, a cool office in Kreuzberg, the company also boasts a leadership team where 50% of them are women! They are seeking people in finance, account management, as well as multiple people for their engineering team. If you don’t want to apply for a job with them, register on their website to help you find a job in Berlin.
24) Spark Networks – This global company has a number of free and premium dating apps. If you want to make a difference in the world of online dating, apply to join their team. They are looking for candidates in the areas of brand management, business intelligence, and finance. Perks of working there include things like a Blinkist subscription, having your transit pass costs covered, and access to Urban Sports Club (of course, only useful once the current lockdown restrictions are lifted.)
25) Hello Fresh – Hello Fresh is big all around the globe, but they started right here in Berlin. They are well loved as they bring busy people fresh ingredients, with easy to follow recipes, so we can prepare meals without thinking too much about it. They are growing fast, so take a look at their open positions in marketing, logistics, and food quality/safety.
25) N26 – Setting out to build the world’s first digital bank, newbies to Berlin are big fans of this company. N26 allows you to quickly and easily setup a bank account, with much less hassle than the average German bank institution. They are a growing organization, who can really be a kickstarter for your career if you like working in the fast paced world of a startup. Most of their job offerings center around tech so you’ll see a lot of open product and engineering related positions, but check their open listings for other positions as well. They speak English in the workplace and assist candidates with visas and relocation.
26) Planetly – 2020 has been a year where a lot of us have rethought what we want out of life and as a result, many are now looking to work for a company that has a higher purpose and somehow makes the world a better place. Planetly is definitely a strong contender in that department, as they’re on a mission to make the world a more carbon neutral place. Check out their job openings – they’re seeking climate change experts, engineering/product talent, people specialized in carbon intelligence, and so much more.
27) CoachHub – Being a coach myself, I’m rather stoked to recommend a coaching company! They offer coaching services through a digital platform and helps companies further develop their employees. During the pandemic, it seems that everyone and their brother became some kind of coaching expert, without any experience or related qualifications. You can trust that CoachHub only brings top coaches to the table. They have an international team employing more than 160 people in Berlin. At the time of writing, they were looking to bring on people in sales, community management, behavioural science, and more.
28) Midge Medical – We’ve learned the hard way how crucial healthcare is for the benefit of the human race. Midge Medical is a pretty cool company, doing their part (even helping out during the corona crisis!) through their mission to make medical testing more accessible, bringing it into people’s homes and enabling earlier detection. Hop on over to their site to learn more about their life changing work and see if there’s potential to join their team of scientists and experts. They offerings are limited right now with only two positions open, but keep this company on your watch list.
29) Ampler – Ampler’s e-bikes are lauded for being some of the best out there (you can buy or lease them) and is another company doing their best to make our world more liveable. Cycling enthusiasts will be keen to work here, as their often looking for bike technicians and mechanics, as well as the usual gamut of positions like office managers, communication specialists, etc.
30) Omio – Formerly GoEuro, Omio has a platform for comparing the prices of flights, trains, and buses across Europe. Yes, the travel industry is slow right now, but once the hard part of corona passes us, people are going to travel with a vengeance. Omio is here to stay and they’re hiring people in Berlin. While their current openings are limited, they’re decent folks and I’ve collaborated with them in the past. I can only recommend adding them to your watch list, especially as travel picks up again.
31) Perdoo – With an OKR platform that helps companies visualize their work and plan accordingly, this Berlin based company is in need of people like customer service reps, software engineers, and sales managers.
32) Finanzfluss – A leader on the subject of finances for everyday individuals, this Berlin based startup is another company in our Hauptstadt hiring right now.
33) SAP – This classic and well known German company is always looking to hire new people to join their international organization. They’re looking for software engineers, business development consultants, and people to handle social media and other aspects of digital marketing.
34) betterplace – Germany’s largest donation platform needs fresh new talent. Join a company focused on helping others, as they people in HR, tech, and marketing/communications areas.
35) Berlin Brands Group – With headquarters in Berlin Mitte, Berlin Brands groups is a vertical commerce company that both produces and sells various products such as Klarstein home appliances (I have one of their portable air conditioning units and can vouch for the quality!). They’re seeking to employ accountants, content producers, and operation managers.
36) Pitch – With investors from big name companies like Slack, Zoom, and Instagram, Pitch has a beautiful and intuitive presentation software intended to make your work life easier. Founded in 2018, this relatively young company is looking to hire people in sales, marketing, engineering, and human resources.
37) Yara – They’re a fertizlier company that also provides environmental solutions. Companies helping to address climate changes are certainly places where a lot of us want to work these days, knowing we can be part of making our world better. Yara has tons of open positions in Berlin – they want agile coaches, product managers, business analysts, office managers, and more.
38) Blacklane – Fresh from a new round of funding in 2021, Blacklane is a fancy ride hailing service, back in the game after riding out a tough pandemic year. With a beautiful office in Berlin’s Schöneberg, they speak English at work, hire talent from around the world, and offer plenty of other of nice perks.
39) Nuri – Helping inspiring investors invest in cryptocurrency through blockchain banking, Nuri’s seeking a wide range of talent like IT administrators, a chief product officer (CPO), content managers, and more.
40) wefox – Another insurance company bravely diving into the not so new world of digitalisation, something lacking in Germany who often lags behind in terms of adopting technology within certain bureaucratic areas.
41) Pipedrive – Pipedrive offers their customers a cloud based CRM tool. With a headquarters in New York, they’re also hiring throughout Europe, including Berlin. They’re looking for marketing managers, campaign analysts, and graphic designers.
42) ResearchGate – This company created a commercial social networking site for scientists and researchers to share papers with one another and further collaborate. During the pandemic, we learned that ease of collaboration is key when things like vaccines need to be developed quickly, so who wouldn’t want to work for such a company? At the moment, they’re seeking talent in product, as well as software development.
43) Ocean’s Apart – This Berlin based sports label with a line of high quality activewear is hiring for several positions like product owners, recruiters, supply chain managers, customer service representatives, and more.
44) Peloton – This fitness company seems to be taking the world by storm and they’re currently hiring in Berlin in areas like marketing and recruiting.
45) Tomorrow’s Education – More companies in Berlin looking for people? This company is Germany’s first open digital university, offering students remote, mobile first, learning opportunities through a unique active learning model. They recently received more than €1,000,000 in funding and have a few positions open like a motion designer and social media marketer.
46) Ironhack – Another mover and shaker in the learning space is Ironhack, who also nabbed themselves some serious cash when they received $20,000,000 in finding in early 2021. They’re one of the world’s top ranked technology education institutions offering bootcamps in areas like web development, cyber security, and UI/UX design. Be part of their exciting journey and join the company. They’re hiring people in Berlin and also offer remote friendly opportunities.
47) Crealytics – Another one of the companies in Berlin that you’re going to want to take a look at is Crealytics, a provider of data-activated performance advertising for brands and retailers. They need people in HR, marketing, finance, and product.
48) Labforward – Labforward builds platforms to make scientific documentation more efficient, helping to make the life of scientists doing experiments in labs work more efficiently. At the moment, they’re looking mostly for engineers including front-end, full-stack, back-end, and site reliability folks.
49) BRYTER – Another Berlin based company changing up the world of tech is BRYTER, who has a “no-code service automation platform that enables business experts to build digital applications”. With a remote first work culture, join them as social media manager, backend engineer, or a recruiter.
50) Kontist – This company is looking to make life easier for freelancers, no small feat in Germany (speaking from tough experience!). Join their team as a product person, sales manager, business development manager, or something else.
51) Delivery Hero – Returning the scene in Germany after some years away, Delivery Hero is back and hiring with a vengeance. Work in tech or product, the people team, finance, legal, sales, and more. They’re definitely a company to watch right now, so be part of their new journey.
52) Lantana – Lantana has consumer insights platform that helps organisations make better marketing decisions. They offer remote work options, competitive salaries, and many more perks. They’re seeking talent in product, legal, and sales, as well as a number of working student positions.
53) Bolt – Presenting strong competition to Uber, Bolt is a ride sharing platform that’s been operating in Europe for a number of years. They just expanded to Germany and received a new round of funding, so they’re hiring for all sorts of positions like mechanics, operations people, and more.
54) Ventura Travel – Travel is starting to boom again and Ventura Travel is hiring people like social media experts, CRM specialists, and copy writers.
55) Tibber – This Norwegian energy supplier is hiring Berlin based employees, including a head of business development, an office manager, and a back office specialist.
56) JustWatch – A Friedsrichain based movie marketing startup is hiring for tons of positions, especially in the area of software engineering, marketing campaign managers, and ad operations.
57) Accenture – This global company is looking for people to join their ranks in Berlin. They’re looking for IT consultants, software engineers, project managers, SAP experts, and more. Note, most of their roles require a certain level of German.
58) Ecosia – If you want to work for a company that’s making a positive difference, than look no further than Ecosia. They donate 80% of their profits to non-profit companies that help reforest the planet. They are carbon neutral, go out their way to be transparent with their finances, as well as protect their user’s privacy. Their open positions tend to be tech focused, but they also look for copywriters and UX people as well.
59) Share The Meal – Another place with a higher purpose than being profitable is Share the Meal. Funded under the United Nations World Food Program, they built an app that allows you to quickly donate to starving children around the world. For just 80 cents you can share your meal and feed a child for a day. Their open positions tend be limited, so watch their job board to see if openings pop-up that could be of interest to you.
60) MBition – Responsible for building the infotainment center for Mercedes Benz cars, MBition has been ramping up their staff for years. Mainly, they’re looking for software engineers, agile coaches, and product people.
61) Finiata – This company offers a range of loan products and solutions for merchants through a single API integration. They are constantly seeking out people from different backgrounds ranging from finance, marketing, sales, and data science.
62) chefly – chefly provides a subscription based service where you have freshly prepared meals delivered to your home. Instead of the usual office type jobs, chefly is seeking talented store managers, delivery people, chefs, and even pizza makers.
63) Urban Sports Club – Urban Sports Club offers members access to different fitness studios or sports around your city. They’re currently searching for talented people in their business intelligence, corporate sales, finance, legal, and other areas.
64) Caronsale – With a dream to “enable frictionless used car trading”, Caronsale created a marketplace to connect European buyers and sellers. Recently bestowed with a fresh round of funding, they’re looking to bring on loads of new staff. They need tech staff, vehicle accessors, account managers, human resource specialists, and more.
65) Talon.One – With an API-based promotion engine, they help their customers create loyalty programs, coupons, and other things that help businesses retain their existing customer base. Employing people from around the globe, they’re currently seeking all sorts of people for their Berlin office, running the usual gamut of positions in sales, upper management, marketing, and more.
66) Humanoo – Humanoo’s health app motivates people to embrace daily routines that improves their lives through coaching sessions, personalized workouts, healthy recipes, and more. Perks of working at Humanoo include subsidized public transit passes, flexible working models (you can work from home), and an office in the hip Kreuzberg area. They’re always looking for newbies to join their team, be it software engineers, accountants, and human resource people.
67) Vivy – Another player bringing the miracle of digitalization to Germany’s healthcare landscape is Vivy. From one single app, you can search for a doctor, upload vaccination certificates, get reminders for checkups, and even more features that will make your life in Germany way easier. Vivy is on the lookout for mobile developers, marketing managers, and product mangers.
68) Gorillas – If you’re feeling lazy, these guys promise to get groceries to your doors in about 10 minutes. Gorillas has made media headlines this year, whether it be for nabbing close to $1 billion US in series C funding or for treating their drivers poorly, even quashing their efforts to organize a union to ensure fair treatment and wages. The company has grown quickly (some say even too fast), but if you’re up for an adventure, this may be the place for you. They need staff in offices – think social media experts, UX researchers, etc., people in the warehouse like operations managers, as well as drivers.
69) HERE Technologies – HERE has been a big player locally for a long time, employing many Berliners. Their main offer is mapping and location technologies, as well as some other automobile related services. They’re a big company looking for talent for the usual range of positions, software engineering, marketing, finance, and more.
70) Flink – A competitor to Gorillas, Flink promises to get groceries to you in around 10 minutes. Best of all, they’re known for treating their employees well. At time of writing, they had more than 140 jobs on offer in Berlin alone with a demand across all internal functions, as well as people to work with managing the riders.
71) ToolTime – This Berlin-based company has a SaaS solution that helps craftspeople manage their businesses, with features like offer creation, invoice generation, data protection that meets tough German privacy standards, and more. The company operates in English, staffs an international team, and is looking for newbies in their tech, product, marketing, and business development teams.
72) UP42 – The folks at UP42 bring data from various geospatial providers into one central platform and offer powerful analytics that can be used by individuals and organizations for the betterment of our planet. With an office in Berlin’s Kreuzberg, join the ranks of UP42 if you’re a software engineer, product manager, brand designer, and more.
73) Hive – This startup, with offices in Berlin and Paris, is a well-funded logistics service provider with a lot of open positions. They need skilled people to fill roles in account management, fulfilment, tech, product, and even more. If required, Hive also assists people with moving to Berlin.
74) Choco – Choco has a food ordering platform that makes life easier for restaurants and suppliers. Not only that, Choco is looking to build “a food system that runs transparently, sustainably, and without waste. They’re accomplishing this by cutting down process inefficiencies from supply and demand between restaurants and suppliers. Want to help them meet this lofty (and very awesome!) goal? Choco needs good software engineers, project managers, content marketers, operation managers, and more than we can name here.
75) Civey – This market research startup, takes opinion-based data and displays it in real-time. Companies like T-Mobile and DER SPIEGEL use Civey’s data on their website to show how people have responded to polls and surveys on various topics. Civey needs research analysts, developers, and salespeople. They also accept open-ended applications, so if you don’t see a position that suits you right now, send them your job application anyway!
Are we missing any good companies in Berlin hiring right now that are worth a mention? Drop us a comment below and we’ll be sure to add your suggestions.
How The Berlin Life Can Help You
1) If you like this post, check out some of our free guides about working in Berlin:
- Expert Tips About How To Find A Job In Berlin – A comprehensive guide, full of expert job hunting tips from a longtime local, to find a job in Berlin in 2021 (even during this pandemic!).
- The Reality Of Finding Work In Berlin In 2021 – Is it easy to find work in Berlin? Learn about some the realities of finding a job in Berlin during normal times, never mind during COVID-19.
- What are the best Berlin job search websites? – Many people feel overwhelmed knowing where to search for jobs in Berlin. Bookmark our best Berlin job search websites list to get started.
2) Get support from our growing community on Facebook – connect with other job seekers, be invited to career workshops, ask questions, be alerted to new job opportunities, and more.
3) Start building your professional network in Berlin on LinkedIn, by adding yourself to our connection list.
4) While most of our content is free, we feature expert eBooks to help you develop in your career. Browse for items like our recent, Step-By-Step Guide To Crafting A Cover Letter To Help You Get Noticed By German Employers.
5) If you want career coaching to discuss your CV or cover letter and how we can make it better and get German employers call you for interviews, book a session with me – Cheryl, founder of The Berlin Life.
Share or save this post on Pinterest.