THE BEST BERLIN JOB SEARCH WEBSITES
When people are searching for a job in Berlin, they’re often puzzled and even overwhelmed as to where to begin. There are so many different websites out there, even Facebook groups, that are dedicated to helping people find work in the German capital. To that end, I put this list of Berlin job search websites together to help you get started with looking for a job in Berlin.Here you can find a list of many job search websites that will help you find tech jobs, English-speaking positions, and more. There are websites catered to freelancers and foreigners as well. I’ve also included popular local Facebook groups, recruiting agencies, and relocation companies that can also help you secure a job in Berlin. Be sure to bookmark this page and come back often, as it will be frequently updated with fresh content.
THE BEST BERLIN JOB SEARCH WEBSITES
A couple of important things to mention about this list of job search websites:
1) This is a list of popular websites, agencies, and Facebook groups that are intended to help people find work in Berlin. I don’t endorse any one resource over another and I’m not personally affiliated with any of them.
2) If you find a dead link or want to recommend another resource, kindly leave a comment below. If it’s not spam, I’ll update the blog post accordingly.
Creative Work Websites
Artists flock to Berlin to experience the city’s vibrant creative scene. Be it make-up artists, musicians, photographers, dancers, painters, sculptors, or anything else, Berlin’s creative community is like no other.
Some of the top websites to find creative work in Berlin include:
2) Berlin Art Link (Artist residencies)
5) crew united
Established Job Search Websites
There are the usual job search websites like Xing, Indeed, and LinkedIn, all of which will come in handy as you search for work in Berlin. There are also a number of job forums and local websites that are not as well known.
This list covers the entire gamut of websites to use to find work in Berlin:
3) Back In Job
9) Glassdoor (Also a good place to read employer reviews)
10) GoodJobs (Sustainability related jobs)
14) indeed (One of the best places to search for work)
15) Job Is Job
16) JOB POINT
17) Job Tensor
24) LinkedIn (The top place to look for work and where employers tend to engage the most)
32) Talent Diverse (Where you’ll be matched with companies seeking to hire diverse talent!)
33) tbd* (Probably my favorite job search portal – helps you find work with purpose and meaning)
34) Woloho (Newsletter)
35) Xing (The German version of LinkedIn)
A lot of people are fed up with Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook in general, but at the moment, plenty of Berlin-based employers are very active on the platform. Some recruiters have personally told me that it’s a favored hiring channel.
We admit that after a while, all the groups start to seem the same. Some don’t offer value, are a repository of spam, and share the same ads on repeat. With that in mind, we’ve tried to list the most active, useful, and well-moderated ones here.
There are also several Facebook groups featured in other areas of this post, but here are some other general ones that will help you with your job search:
1) BERLIN BOSS BABES (Our favorite community listed here!)
Job Sites For Foreigners
As much as possible, we will purposely avoid using the word “expat” on this website, due to its non-inclusive nature. Anyone from outside of the country, regardless of where they come from, can be considered foreigners in Germany, newbies, or immigrants.
While we reference plenty of sites in this article about where anyone can look for work, there are some job search websites completely dedicated to those who move to Germany from abroad.
4) The Local
5) Xpat Jobs
If you’re curious about why we won’t ever use the word expat here, read this article from The Guardian, Why are white people expats when the rest of us are immigrants?.
Recruiters In Berlin
Sometimes, it’s hard to find a job on your own, and you need help. Motivated recruiters will strive to place you as soon as they can.
I’m generally not a fan of recruiters who work on a commission basis. I feel like they treated me like a number and not a human. The minute that a company chose to go with another candidate, they failed to return my emails or phone calls and I never heard from them again. To date, I haven’t worked with a recruiter who was reliable or genuinely interested in finding me a job.
That said, as long as you know how recruiters can be, don’t take their dismissive behavior or lack of attention personally. If they can help you land a job, go with them. Just be careful and don’t hesitate to turn down a job offer or terminate your relationship with the recruiter if you feel they’re pressuring you into an uncomfortable situation.
Some recruiting companies in Berlin:
3) Michael Page
Startup Job Websites
Berlin has long established itself as an exciting and active hub for startups. A large number of people, especially those from abroad, tend to land jobs at Berlin startups. You’ll find that Berlin startups are usually comprised of an international group of people and that English is the most commonly spoken language in the workplace.
Here are some of the top places to look for work at Berlin startups:
2) Berlin Startup Jobs, Internships & Co-founders (Facebook group)
3) Berlin Startups (Facebook group)
4) Berlin Startup and other Jobs – German skills not required! (Facebook group)
5) Berlin Startup Jobs (Facebook group)
6) Berlin Startup Jobs (Another Facebook group of the same name)
10) Startup Berlin Jobs (Facebook group)
11) Startup Sucht
12) We Can Be Heroes
Student Job Websites
Berlin is home to a lot of students, locals, as well as those from abroad who come to Germany to get a degree without it costing them an arm and a leg. Even without needing to pay university tuition, students still need to work, be it a mini-job or something else.
Here are some of the Berlin websites to find student jobs:
1) BSIG – Berlin Startup Internships (Facebook group)
2) Berlin Social Jobs & Internships (Facebook group)
3) BERLIN STUDENT JOBS (Facebook group)
4) Foreign Young Professionals In Berlin (Facebook group)
Tech Job Sites
While startup jobs in Berlin remain mostly tech-focused, tech jobs are one of the most highly demanded jobs in Germany, and people seeking employment in tech will find jobs for everyone.
Here are some of the purely tech-focused job websites:
2) Berlin Tech Jobs (Facebook group)
11) Women Techmakers Berlin (Facebook group)
Temporary / Part-Time Job Websites
Times are tougher than ever and sometimes, temporary work is needed to keep you going between jobs or on study breaks from school. These websites can help you find temporary or part-time jobs in Berlin:
Random Berlin Job Search Tools
There are some pretty creative folks In Berlin who do things like create spreadsheets that scrape other job sites for fresh postings and updates every few hours. Check out some of these ingenious tools:
1) Berlin Jobs
Use this list of Berlin job search websites to help yourself find a job in Berlin – or somewhere else in Germany.
Follow our tips on negotiating salary in Germany to land a better job offer & come to an informed decision about whether or not to accept.
If you want to move to Berlin (or anywhere else in the country), see these highly demanded jobs in Germany & how to make your move a reality.
An honest and detailed guide with job-hunting tips from a local career coach advising you on how to find a job in Berlin in 2023.